26.3.07

Crossroads

Tonight marks the third season finale for Battlestar Galactica and what can I say about it but WOW. The latter half of this season has been pretty meh to be honest, especially compared with the first half, but the finale makes you forget all about the drudgery.

I called it -- twice, really -- quite a long time ago about what would happen in the finale. It's honestly not that much of a stretch given what transpired early in the season, but nonetheless I still have a well-deserved sense of smugness now that I know I was right. The reveal at the end of the episode was surprising, and frankly I don't completely buy it as being real, but at least for now we have to look at certain characters in a different light.

One thing I love about teh interwebs is the speed with which information can get out there. Battlestar Galactica finished airing not long ago on the Sci Fi Channel, and already the Wikipedia article on Cylons has information about what went on (note it contains spoilers). So lovely.

Thus ends another season of Battlestar Galactica, and frankly that's a good thing. I'm overly anxious and excited about what next season will deliver, especially since it's going to be the longest season yet (about which I have mixed feelings), but with the slow pace of the latter half of series 3, I think I can handle the wait just because I fear more filler crap in the extended season.

For those who watch the show but haven't yet seen the finale, don't give up on it even when it's slow and lagging early on... stick with it, it's worth it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh...I thought the highlight of the show was Baltar's trial. The "All Along the Watchtower" stuff was kinda goofy, and Starbuck flying in and saying "BTW Earth OMG LOLZ" was kinda...I dunno. Not terrible, and yeah, I kind of figured something like tis would happen, but....bring on Who next week, I sez. :)

7:15 PM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger chris burgess said...

I'm still undecided about the "All Along the Watchtower" bit actually... it was cheesy yet it was okay at the same time. The Starbuck reappearance was hardly a surprise, though the statement about Earth was unexpected. We've seen very little in the way of theoretical science in the show (FTL drives being the one exception that comes to mind) so because the science is fairly rooted in (our) reality, I'm hopeful there's no magic wormhole, black hole, deus ex machina type method by which she went to Earth. Mind you, her appearance could just be a ploy, too... be it some sort of hallucination (as explained by the intermittent draidus blip) or Cylon trap (with all the hubbub about Starbuck being one of the last five). We'll find out in 6 - 8 months when the telefilm goes out.

8:38 PM, March 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home